Recent report received had it that Ahmed Gulak, age d 56, has been killed by unknown bandits. The former adviser to Goodluck Jonathan, Hammed Gulak, who by religion is a Muslim, was shot dead in Owerri, the capital city of Imo state yesterday Saturday 29th May, 2021.
This sad news was confirmed by his family friend, Umar Ardo. Read to the end for Ahmed Gulak biography, family religion and more.
Ardo while speaking says, “I just confirmed the sad and gruesome death of my friend and classmate, Barr. Hamed Gilak.”
Also, the Imo State PPRO, Bala Elkana, confirmed the news, noting that Hammed Gulak was heading to Sam Mbakwe Airport when he was attacked and overpowered by unknown bandits. He was on the journey in a Toyota Camry with two other people but only him was killed.
According to the PPRO,
“Ahmed Gilak left his room at Protea Hotel without informing the Police nor sister agencies in view of the fragile security situation in the South East and Imo in particular,
“He left without any security escorts and while the cab driver took irregular route to the airport, six-armed bandits who rode in a Toyota Sienna intercepted, identified and shot at Hammed Gulak at around Umueze Obiangwu in Ngor-Okpala Local Government Area close to the Airport.”
13 Things to know about Ahmed Gulak
Here is biography of Hamed Gulak
- Ahmed Gilak religion was Islam.
- He died as a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)
- He was a member of PDP during Jonathan’s regime before defecting to APC
- His age: 56.
- Date of birth 1965
- Place of birth: Adamawa
- Died in 2021
- Family life, he was married and had children
- Hammed Gulak was the former Special Adviser Political to President Goodluck Jonathan
- His full name is Ahmadu Ali Gulak
- Ahmed was the chairman of the committee which conducted the 2019 APC governorship primary in Imo State
- Hamed Gulak was the former Hon. Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly
- Former Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President, Atiku Abubakar