Clarence Abiodun Peters who is famously well known as Clarence Peters is the founder of Capital Dream Pictures, also the founder and CEO of Capital Hill Records, a record label home to Chidinma, Tha Suspect, and Illbliss. For every ten Nigerian music videos, Clarence Peters shot three of them.
He is known for his exceptional talent for creating video content that draws millions of views. His social media handle is @clarenceshotit.
Clarence Peters was born on the 20th of December 1983 in Ibadan, Oyo State in the southwestern part of Nigeria. He is the son of veteran Nollywood actress Clarion Chukwurah and legendary Nigerian musician, Sir Shina Peters. He came from two super talented entertainers.
Peters attended BI primary school and for his secondary education, he went to Government College Ikorodu. After completing his secondary school, he had a job at Alpha Visions and worked there for three years. He graduated from City Varsity, a film school in Cape Town, South Africa. He studied Cinematography at City Varsity.
How Peter’s Career Started.
After he graduated from school, Clarence Peters allied with a team of filmmakers to create Alliance Film Company, which is now known as the Allied Film Company. He worked with Alliance Film Company for twelve months before moving to create his own movie production company.
While in secondary school, Clarence Peters met Tha Suspect, a music record producer, and a recording artist. The duo launched a group after their meeting. Capital Hill Records was formed upon Peters’s return to Nigeria from South Africa. Clarence Peters and Tha Suspect agreed to look for a female artist who could rap and sing. At a later date, Peters signed Kel to his record label after being made acquainted with her by Terry Tha Rapman.
IMPORTANT LIFE EVENTS
Clarence Peters is one of the most Nigerian fluid audio-visual content creators to have risen from the Nigerian film scene. Peters has shot more than a hundred music videos for Nigerian top artists, with content that regularly gets millions of hits on YouTube as well as earning various awards.
Clarence Peters is the creator and CEO of Capital Dream Pictures, a production company that focuses on performing arts, new media art, film, television, radio, and video making.
He is also the founder and CEO of Capital Hill Records, a record label that groomed singers like Chidinma Ekile to fame. Peters was rated 2nd on Channel O’s Top 10 Most Visionary Music Video Directors list.
In 1998, Clarence Peters was one of the Mobil-sponsored music videos for a documentary done to educate the public about AIDS.
Clarence Peters directed the forty episodes of the popular TV series “Everyday People”. Clarence Peters has directed music videos for prominent artists across the country and eras, including top artists like Wizkid, Davido, Flavour, Olamide, Phyno, Chidinma, Tiwa Savage, and many other top Nigerian musicians.
- In the 2008 Headies Awards, Peters was nominated for Best Music Video Director.
- In 2009, Peters had five nominations from the Nigeria Music Video Awards, he won two out of the nominations for the Best Editor and the Best Directors. However, the other three he didn’t win are the Best Director and Best Cinematography for the music video “Oko Won Lode” by Sound Sultan and Best Cinematography for the “You Know It” music video by Goldie Harvey.
- He had two nominations from the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2010, for Best Female Music Video of The Year for both “You Know It” by Goldie Harvey and “If You Want Me” by Mo’Cheddah.
- He won the Best Music Video Director in the 2010 Headies Awards.
- Nigeria Music Video Awards nominated him thrice in different categories, Best Director, Best Cinematography, and Best Editor
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2011 for the Best Music Video of The Year.
- Also in 2011, Headies awards nominated Peters Best Music Video Director.
- He got triple nominations from the Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2012 and won one, Nigeria Music Video Awards but the other two were for the Best Editor and the Best Director.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2012, nominee for Best Music Video of the Year for “Pakurumo by Wizkid”
- Headies Awards 2012 nominee for Best Music Video Director
- Peters won two awards from the Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013 out of his three nominations, Best Cinematography, Best Editor, and the Best Director.
- He won Best Music Video Director in the Headies Award 2013.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2013 nominee for Music Video of the Year.
- He won MTV Africa Music Awards 2014 for Best Video and Transform Today by Absolut
- African Muzik Magazine Awards 2014 for Best Video Director and many other awards and recognitions.
Clarence Peters is presently ranked among the Nigerian richest and most influential music video directors with an estimated net worth of $2.5 million.
Other Interesting Facts
Clarence Peters has been accused of Plagiarizing content a couple of times and therefore the awards earned by those videos are still pending. However, he has denied those claims and even has artists that came to his defense to refute the claims.
The post Clearance Peter Biography, Net Worth, Real Age & Family appeared first on Biographle.
Note: This content is provided and owned by the biographle.com
Source: Clearance Peter Biography, Net Worth, Real Age & Family