Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo state in trouble again as his house at his hometown in Omuma, Oru East LGA has been set on fire and his vehicles burnt down by unknown gunmen.
It is unclear who or what group of people were responsible for the attack at the moment. But according to the reports we’ve gathered at XYZ NEWS Nigeria:
- The suspected hoodlums came in with motorcycles and tipper filled with used tires.
- They are all in black & black attires
- Two of his security men were also killed in the attacked by the gunmen, who invaded the governor’s house.
- The two security men were killed while trying to repelled the gunmen.
- One of the deceased security men was an operative of the Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
- Firefighters have come to prevent the fire from spreading to other surrounding buildings.
- Soldiers are all over the community to calm the situation
Orlando Ikeokwo, Public Relation Officer (PRO) For Commissioner Of Police, IMO state has noted that Governor Hope Uzodinma house was truly attacked but not completely destroyed by the fire.
“Yes, I can confirm the story, the hoodlums attacked the Governor’s House by throwing in Petrol bomb as a result of which two cars were burnt, but they were successfully repelled.
And none of the buildings was set ablaze, however, one unarmed personnel of the NSCDC was killed in the process, the hoodlums while escaping also killed a Police Sergeant and another NSCDC personnel both in there private vehicles at Mgbidi junction,”.
50 suspects have been arrested over the attack and detained in police custody according to Governor Hope Uzodinma.