The Lagos FLM bus scheme comes just in time. At a time when there’s so many security and safety threats all over the nation, it is imperative to put up a scheme to maintain stability in the transportation system, and that is what Lagos state has just done.
Here are 7 things you need to know about the Lagos FLM bus scheme
- FLM bus will work within the Lagos state urban and rural communities. This will ensure smooth transport especially in places where bigger buses do not reach
- FLM bus comes with life insurance, meaning that insurance covers users of the vehicle. Just in case anything happens the Lagos state government will take responsibility for bringing the situation to normalcy.
- Lagos state aim at providing 5000 FLM buses, however, only 500 have commenced operation. The remaining are currently being assembled and will also start working as soon as they are ready.
- Lagos state FLM bus scheme is an alternative means of transportation to the commercial motorcycles, popularly known as Okada, which are unsafe and currently undergoing ban across the state.
- In these buses, there will be a facility like Cowry Travel Cards for safe and convenient automated payment. CTC has been operational in BRT vehicles before now.
- This Lagos FLM bus scheme will provide employment opportunity for 5000 drivers and also those who will be in charge their maintenance.
- This scheme is introduced by the government of Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos State for the benefit of all residents.
This is a great advantage to all Lagos state residents. Hopefully with the help of this scheme, the rate of robbery, kidnapping and other security vices that a company the use of Okada in the state will come to the barest minimum.