Former Senator Sati Godwin of Plateau died yesterday 6th April, 2021. According to a family source, he dies after a protracted sickness.
Younger brother to the late senator Sati Gogwim, Williams made this known while speaking in Pankshin today 7th April, 2021.
Williams said that the demise of his brother brought a serious family shock to the family, adding that information about his funeral will be discussed soon.
According to Williams:
“My brother has been sick since last year and in December he left the country for treatment abroad and only returned on Sunday, April 4.
He came back a little bit stronger, until this morning when he had health crisis, which compelled us to rush him to Rayfield Medical Centre.
Unfortunately, on getting there he was confirmed dead.
We are going to miss him, his love and warm as a brother, father, uncle and supporter”.
Wiiliams added that though the death of his brother is painful, the family had taken it in good faith.
Sati Godwin became a senator representing Plateau Central in 2007. He spent 4 years at the National Assembly. He was succeeded in 2011 by Sen. Joshua Dariye.
Read this: Prison Break in Imo State by unknown gunmen
Biography of senator Sati Godwin
- Sati Gogwim was born on July 27th, 1949
- Godwin is a native of Dawaki village in Kanke Local Government Area (LGA) of Plateau.
- Senator Sati Gogwim was elected Senator for the Plateau Central Senatorial District of Plateau State, Nigeria.
- He was in office from May 29th 2007 to May 2011
- He was a member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
- He was proceeded by Cosmos Niagwan and succeeded by Joshua Dariye
- Senator Sati Godwin retired as a Major in the Nigerian Army. He later joined politics and in 2007 became a senator.