The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Education, has released the names of 12 undergraduate students of Federal University Lokoja (FUL) who have been awarded the Federal Government Scholarships to study in FUL, as one the benefiting Public Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
This was contained in a memorandum dated April 1, 2022, and communicated to the University by the Board through the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics) headed by Professor M.S. Audu.
The award letters were further presented to the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olayemi Akinwumi by Mal. Abdul Gaminana, a staff of FSB, during the weekly meeting of Principal Officers of the University held on Monday, April 11, 2022.
In the letters, the Board stated that the scholarship which is tenable in Nigeria, took effect from the beginning of the 2021 Academic Session, adding that the value of the award was N250,000.00 per session for three (3) years.
Speaking after receiving the award letters on behalf of the beneficiaries, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olayemi Akinwumi expressed profound appreciation to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR; the Honourable Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu; and the Director, Federal Scholarship Board, Mrs Asta Ndajiwo, for awarding these scholarships to deserving students of Federal University Lokoja.
Professor Akinwumi noted that the scholarships will go a long way in helping the students actualize their academic dream and bring relief to their parents/guardians.
While congratulating the awardees, the Vice-Chancellor admonished them to justify the award with excellent performance in their respective fields of study.
Below are the names of FUL beneficiaries of the Federal Government Scholarship Awards as released by the Board:
1. IBRAHIM OYIZA BILKIS – BIOCHEMISTRY
2. STELLA ABENU – PHILOSOPHY
3. AKOH ENEMONA – SOCIAL STUDIES
4. JOSEPH KATOR ROWLAND – ECONOMICS
5. SOLOMON JESSICA ONINI – COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. ABDUL MOSHOOD HAKEEM – POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. MAYAKI DAVID OMEIZA – EDUCATION AND HISTORY
8. IBRAHIM GOMINA IBRAHIM – INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
9. FATIMAT OMETERE IBRAHIM – BANKING AND FINANCE
10. MOSHOOD JAMILAT OYIZA – THEATRE ARTS
11. MATTHEW CHRISTOPHER OTOHINOYI – COMPUTER SCIENCE
12. ALHASSAN MOSES OJOCHEGBE – BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES